International e-Sports Federation
2016. 10. 18
- IeSF: International e-Sports Federation
- NF: National e-Sports Federation– a national organization made in an appropriate legal form that complies with national legislation and IeSF criteria as the e-Sports controlling body for a single country
- General Meeting: Means the General Meeting as contemplated in Article 20 of the Statutes.
- Board: Means the Board of the IeSF as contemplated in Article 27 of the Statutes.
- Confederation: An alliance of NFs, which are situated at the same continent or at a geographic region, recognized by the IeSF.
- Committees: The IeSF has subsidiary committees, which are Player, Referee, Disciplinary, Competition, Finance and Technical Committee.
- Member: A NF that has been admitted into membership by the General Meeting
- e-Sports Player: e-Sports player registered to the NF
- President: President represents IeSF and Chairman of the General Meeting and the Board.
- Vice President: Vice President represents IeSF in the absence of the President
- Secretary General: Secretary General represents the Secretariat, and in charge of all day to day affairs for business of IeSF.
- Majority: The Majority shall be 50% of those entitled to vote plus one.
- Approval: The approval of motions at the General Meeting or at the Board is made by two thirds vote of those present and eligible to vote.
- Secretariat: The office of the IeSF shall be as contemplated in Article 1 and 40.
Chapter I. General Provisions
Article 1Name and headquarters
- International e-Sports Federation (IeSF) is an international governing body for e-Sports - and all its disciplines, which is established by, and consists of, its members, and is registered under the laws of the country where the Secretariat is based.
- The IeSF Secretariat shall be located in Seoul, Republic of Korea, and may move to or open a branch in a different city and country as the Board decides.
To constantly improve e-Sports and promote it in the light of its values - humanitarian, educational, cultural, unity of purpose and ability to promote peace;
To encourage and support the promotion of ethics in e-Sports as well as education of youth through e-Sports and to dedicate its efforts to ensuring that, in e-Sports, the spirit of fair play prevails and violence is banned;
To encourage and support individuals, Members, Confederations and other entities affiliated with Confederations and Members, in the development and coordination of e-Sports competitions;
To develop and to preserve the independence of e-Sports, and to not tolerate government interference in any of its members;
To support and harmonize the culture and education with e-Sports;
To organize its own international competitions and to draw up regulations and provisions and ensure their enforcement.
To ensure good governance of NFs by taking appropriate steps to prevent the infringements of the Statutes, regulations or decisions of the IeSF.
To promote integrity, ethics, and fair play with a view to prevent all methods or practices, such as corruption, doping or match manipulation, which might jeopardize the integrity of matches, competitions, players, officials and members or give rise to the abuse of NF.
- The objectives of the IeSF are:
Article 3Title and Legal Personality
- The IeSF shall have perpetual succession and shall continue to exist notwithstanding changes in membership and office-bearers.
- The IeSF shall own property and other possessions separate from its Members.
- The IeSF shall be able to be sued in its own name.
- The IeSF shall exist in its own right separate from its Members.
- That in order for the IeSF to defend its status as a Universitas, no Member shall carry on any business with the object of the acquisition of gain.
Article 4Official languages
- English is the official language for minutes, correspondences and announcements.
- Members are responsible for translations into the languages of their respective countries.
- English is the official language at all official meetings including the General Meeting and the Board. Qualified interpreters shall translate into this language. Delegates may speak in their mother tongue if they ensure interpretation into English by a qualified interpreter.
- The Statutes, Regulations governing the Application of the statutes, the Standing Order of the General Meeting, and the decisions and announcements of IeSF shall be published in English. If necessary for administrative matter, as considering of the civil code of the country where the Secretariat is located, then, such publication may be made in the respective language of such country.
Article 5Non-discrimination and Promoting Female Participation
- The Practice of e-Sports is a fundamental right for all.
- All parties related to the IeSF’s events including its Members and partners shall take all appropriate measures to eliminate discrimination against women, and to promote and elevate the participation of female players in order to ensure, on a basis of equality of women and men, the same rights, in particular, to participate in recreation, leisure and sports activities and all aspects of cultural life.
- Discrimination of any kind against lineage, gender, religion, politics, individual, organization or any reason is strictly prohibited and punishable by suspension or expulsion.
Article 6Promoting friendly relations
The IeSF shall promote friendly relations;
- 1-1. between Confederations, Members, Officials and Players.
Every person and organization involved in e-Sports is obliged to observe the Statutes, regulations and the principles of fair play.
- 1-2. in society for humanitarian objectives.
- The IeSF shall provide the necessary institutional means to resolve any dispute that may arise between Members, Confederations, Clubs, Officials and Players.
Article 7Doping and Drug Use
- The IeSF, including its Members and players, are bound by the relevant rules and guidelines prescribed by IOC, Sport Accord, WADA, and other relevant agencies or bodies set up for monitoring drug use and doping by players affiliated with IeSF Members.
- The Competition Committee, with medical expert as appointed by the Board, shall decide from time to time the list of prohibited substances and methods of doping control that are applicable to e-Sports in IeSF competition, in accordance with IeSF’s Anti-Doping Rules based upon the WADA Code.
- In addition to other general provisions of the Statutes, any dispute arising from, or related to the Statutes and the occasion in connection with IeSF events, other than a dispute arising out of the Statutes or a dispute that can be resolved by the Competition Committee and the Board of IeSF, shall be submitted to the Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS), in Lausanne, Switzerland, in accordance with its Statutes and Regulation to exclusion of any national court. The parties to such dispute shall undertake to implement in good faith the arbitral result rendered by the CAS.
- All disputes initiated by Members and partners of IeSF shall be in English.
Article 9Financial Year
- The Financial Year of the IeSF will be reckoned from 1 January to 31 December of each year.
Chapter II. Membership
- The General Meeting shall decide whether to admit a Member.
- Any organization which is responsible for related to e-Sports in its country may become a Member of IeSF.
- Any Member in good standing may participate in the IeSF's affairs.
- Any organization wishing to become a Member of the IeSF shall apply in writing, addressed to the IeSF Secretariat.
- Membership rights shall commence immediately upon approval of the General Meeting.
The classes of Membership of the IeSF are:
- a) Full Members
- b) Associate Members
- c) Affiliate Members
- whose admission has been approved in terms of Statutes.
Article 11Request and procedure for application
- An organization which is not yet a Member of IeSF and willing to join the IeSF may apply for Membership of the IeSF. The candidate shall submit the application, which formulated by IeSF to IeSF Secretariat in writing at least 1 (one) month prior to the commencement date of the Ordinary General Meeting at which the application is to be considered. Through the pre-evaluation of IeSF Secretariat as to the bona fides of any applicant under the direction of the Board, the submitted application shall be placed on the General Meeting's Agenda.
- The applicant shall present their application at the General Meeting. The application procedure shall be finalized by approval of the General Meeting, and it may decide the candidate whether to obtain Full Membership in accordance with decision of the General Meeting.
- The new Member shall acquire rights and duties of Full Membership or Associate Membership or Affiliate Membership as soon as it has been admitted.
Article 12Full Membership
- An organization, having the structure of a NF, whose membership qualification has been approved by the General Meeting obtains Full Membership, and shall be called a Full Member.
A Full Member shall satisfy following requirements:
- 2-1. Prove that it is organized on a national basis.
- 2-2. Have a structure consisting of provincial, regional or club bodies that are geographically well distributed, and must have members in at least 35% of the provinces/counties/regions
- 2-3. Show reasonable effort to be recognized by its own Nation's Government.
- 2-4. Show reasonable effort to be recognized by its own Nation’s highest sports authority.
- 2-5. Hold annual National Championships.
- 2-6. Have a Constitution.
- 2-7. Allow any player to affiliate.
- 2-8. Furthermore, it will be required from a Member to represent without discrimination, its participants in organized participation.
Full Members have the following rights:
- 3-1. To a voice and one vote each in General Meetings
- 3-2. To propose Motions for the General Meeting and request information from the IeSF
- 3-3. To participate in the activities and competitions organized by the IeSF
- 3-4. To organize, host or support any event approved by the IeSF
- 3-5. To use information and sources of the IeSF without any discrimination
- 3-6. To participate in the decision-making process
Full Members shall have the following obligations:
- 4-1. To comply fully with Statutes and regulations of the IeSF at all times
- 4-2. To comply fully with directives and decisions of the governing body of IeSF
- 4-3. To comply with decisions of the General Meeting and the Board
- 4-4. To pay membership subscription and other necessary fees levied by the General Meeting or the Board
- 4-5. To comply fully with all other duties arising from a lawful decision of the IeSF
- 4-6. To submit the Annual Return and all supporting documents
- Violation of the obligations stated in para.4 by any Full Member may lead to sanctions or punishment in accordance with Article 16.
Article 13Associate Membership
- An organization falls under the category below may obtain Associate Membership, and may be called as an Associate Member.
An Associate Member shall satisfy following requirements:
- 1-1. National e-Sports Organization: an organization fulfilling the roles of NF but which is not satisfying the equivalent requirements to be the subject of appropriate Full Membership
Associate Members have the following rights:
- 2-1. An Associate Member shall host and operate e-Sports tournaments and events in its own nation to select representative players to be sent to IeSF’s international tournament events.
- 2-2. An Associate Member shall share vision and purpose which the IeSF supports.
- 2-3. An Associate Member shall promote and support IeSF and its businesses as following all the directions regarding the relationship with IeSF.
- 2-4. Associate Membership may be granted by the Board when the general assembly is not in session. Associate memberships shall be reviewed annually by the Board.
Associate Members shall have the following obligations:
- 3-1. To a voice in the General Meeting, but shall not have the right to vote
- 3-2. To propose Motions for the General Meeting and request information from the IeSF
- 3-3. To participate in the activities and competitions organized by the IeSF
- 3-4. To organize, host or support in any event approved of by the IeSF
- 3-5. To use public information and sources of the IeSF without any discrimination
- 3-6. To participate in the decision-making process for the IeSF matters as observers, but shall not have the right to vote
Violation of any of the obligations stated in para.4 by any Associate Member may lead to sanctions in accordance with Article 16.
When an Associate Member fully complies with the requirements to be promoted to Full Member status, such Associate Member can request an evaluation in order to be promoted to a Full Member. Such Full Membership can only be conferred by the General Meeting.
- 4-1. To comply fully with Statutes and regulations of the IeSF at any time
- 4-2. To comply fully with directives and decisions of the IeSF
- 4-3. To comply with decisions of the General Meeting and the Board
- 4-4. To pay membership subscription and other fees levied by the General Meeting or the Board
- 4-5. To comply fully with all other duties arising from a lawful decision of IeSF
- 4-6. To meet the requirements to be promoted to a Full Member within the approved time-frame set by the Board
- 4-7. To submit the Annual Return and all supporting documents
Article 14Affiliate Membership
Where the Board is aware of an organization that fulfills the criteria of being e-sports related but cannot be accepted into Membership, then the Board may have the authority to admit such organization into Affiliate Membership under the following conditions:
- 1-1. Such organization may attend General Meetings with no voting right, and;
- 1-2. Such organization shall have no claim on the IeSF
Article 15Membership subscription
- Each Member of the IeSF shall pay the membership subscription annually to the IeSF Secretariat in accordance with the decision of the General Meeting.
- Membership subscriptions are due thirty days prior to the ordinary General Meeting. The annual subscription for new Members shall be paid within 30 days upon the closing of the ordinary General Meeting at which they were admitted unless there is any special occasion approved by the Board.
- Membership subscription shall be used for the development of IeSF or e-Sports.
Article 16Honorary Member
- The General Meeting may, upon a proposal by the Board, grant the title of “Honorary President” or “Honorary Member” respectively to a person for their outstanding services to IeSF. They may attend the General Meeting, but do not have the right to vote.
- The Board and all other office-bearers of the IeSF are hereby through, and by means of, the funds and property at the IeSF indemnified from and against all losses, claims, costs, compensations and other costs and obligations which they may incur or meet with regard to or in relation to the execution of their various obligations as office-bearers of the IeSF, and none of them shall be held responsible for any action of neglect on the side of any one of them or for a shortage or inadequacy of any proprietary right or security, and they are also not held responsible for any loss that may be caused, accident that may occur or damage that may be done or that may arise in the execution or their various official duties or as a consequence thereof: provided, however, that any such loss, accident or damage was not caused by action in bad faith or by deliberate negligence of such office-bearer.
Article 18Reward and punishment of Member
- A Member who is dedicated to the IeSF may be rewarded under decision of the Board.
- Where the Secretariat has asked for information from members, and have given such members at least 21 days of notice, a member shall be automatically suspended until such information has been furnished should the date for the submission of such information be exceeded.
- Violation or negligence of the Member’s obligations and duties may lead the relevant Member to sanctions, fines, suspension or termination of Membership under decision of the Board.
- When Membership has been terminated by the Board, such Member shall not have its Membership reinstated until one calendar year has elapsed. Membership subscriptions and any levies already paid shall not be refunded to such Member.
The Board entrusted with the authority may take disciplinary action, such as suspension or termination of Membership, against a Member who has:
- 5-1. Violated the Statutes or regulations, and is negligent in abiding by the decisions by the General Meeting and the Board
- 5-2. Unpaid membership subscriptions or levies without good cause over 12 months after the commencement of the financial year
- 5-3. Not complying with the IeSF's objectives and bringing the IeSF into disrepute.
- 5-4. Absence at the General Meeting or activities hosted by IeSF without good cause.
- In any case of disciplinary action, the Board shall provide opportunity for a Member to represent itself at the General Meeting or via a written letter.
Article 19Substitution and withdrawal of Membership
- When a Member attempts to withdraw from Membership, the Member shall submit a written application of withdrawal in accordance with the procedure of admission
- Any Members' Membership shall be automatically terminated if such Member dissolved, was liquidated, discontinued or any related problems.
- When an organization or a person is considered as proper substitution for a withdrawn or suspended Member, a Member, the Board and the Secretariat may recommend the organization or the person as a candidate to replace such Member.
- All Substitutions and withdrawals of Membership shall be approved by the Board.
Chapter Ⅲ. General Meeting
Article 20General Meeting
- The General Meeting is the legislative body composed of the Board members and all other Full and Associate Members, and the President shall be the Chairperson of the General Meeting. Should the President not be present, the Vice President shall be the Chairperson, and should Vice President not be present, then the General Meeting shall name the Chairperson
Article 21Decisions by General Meeting
To confirm the minutes of the previous General Meeting.
To receive and adopt the Annual Report of the Board.
To consider and deal with any notices of motion to amend the Statutes.
- The following decisions may be made at any General Meeting:
To approve the budget and receive and adopt the Annual Financial Statements of the IeSF
To receive and adopt annual business plans of the Board
To consider applications for affiliation, withdrawal and qualification of Members.
- 3-1. The General Meeting, may alter amend, or revoke any of the Statutes of the IeSF, or motion, if a notice of motion in writing, setting out such proposed alteration, amendment or revocation, shall have been given to the Secretariat and circularized to all affiliated Members not less than twenty-one days prior to such meeting. No such resolution shall become effective unless passed by 2/3 of the Members present and eligible to vote.
The General Meeting shall be empowered to deal with all matters arising out of or incidental to the proper management or control of the affairs of the IeSF or of the activity itself, not provided for in these Rules.
The IeSF may be dissolved should this be supported by a two-thirds majority of those eligible to vote at the General Meeting once the following criteria have been met:
- 6-1. The General Meeting shall have the power to fine, reprimand or suspend any Member, which has been guilty of violating or neglecting the Member’s obligations.
- 8-1. Notice of the proposed dissolution must be in writing, and circularized to all Members.
- 8-2. Assets are to be realized by Members delegated to the task.
- 8-3. Funds and assets remaining after the settlement of any debts shall be donated to a union, association, club or society that agrees to pursue the IeSF's objectives.
- 8-4. A statement detailing assets realized and donated, and how the proceeds of realized assets were disposed of shall be submitted to Members.
Article 22Kinds and convocation of General Meeting
- General Meeting means ordinary and extra ordinary meetings of IeSF Members
- A General Meeting may be subdivided into an ordinary and an extraordinary General Meeting.
- The Ordinary General Meeting shall be held once each year.
- The Ordinary General Meeting shall be held not more than 6 months prior to commencing the financial year end with preference given to holding such General Meeting at the same time as the World Championships.
- An extraordinary General Meeting shall be convened by the Board.
- The Board shall fix the date and place of the General Meeting. All Members shall be notified in writing at least thirty days in advance of the date, venue and agenda.
Article 23Special convocations
The Board shall convene an extraordinary General Meeting within 30 days if:
- 1-1. There is a written request by two-thirds of the Members for such a meeting to be held.
- 1-2. 50% of the Board members submit a written request for such a meeting to be held.
Article 24Quorum in General Meetings
- General Meetings shall be held when a majority (50% +1) of the Members is present. All decisions shall be adopted by two-thirds of the votes of the members present and eligible to vote. If within half an hour from the time appointed for any General Meeting, a quorum is not present, it shall be deemed that the meeting is quorate and that the Members present shall be entitled to proceed. Decisions made without quorum are considered to be legal and valid until the next General Meeting, and shall be approved again at the next General Meeting.
Article 25Eligibility to participate in General Meeting
- A Member who is not in good-standing at the time of a General Meeting shall not be eligible to vote at such meeting, and shall not be accounted for the quorum.
Article 26Vote, delegates
- Each Member has one vote in the General Meeting and is represented by its delegates.
- A delegate must belong to the Member that they represent and be appointed by the appropriate body of such Member, and cannot represent more than one Member.
- The Chairperson shall conduct the General Meeting in compliance with the Standing Orders of the General Meeting.
Chapter Ⅳ. Board
- The Board shall deal with all business of the IeSF and consists of President, Secretary General, Vice President, 4 Board members and the Chairperson of Player’s Committee.
Article 28Convocation of the Board
The Secretary General shall convene the Board under following situations:
- 1-1. when considered necessary by any of the Board members
- 1-2. Request from the 50% of Members
- The Secretary General shall fix the date, place and agenda, and notify all Board Members within the period of 5 to 30 days of any request for such a meeting. All Board Members shall be notified via electronic mail.
- A Member has a right to have a representative at a Board session that concerns the activity of such Member, but without a vote
- The President shall be the Chairman at all Board meetings. Should the President not be present, the Vice President shall be the Chairperson, and should Vice President not be present, then the Board meeting shall name the Chairperson.
Article 29Quorum in the Board
- The Board shall be quorate when the majority of the Board members are present. If within half an hour (30 minutes) from the time appointed for any meeting of the Board, a quorum is not present, the meeting shall stand adjourned to the same time next day and at the same venue. If at such adjourned meeting there is not a quorum present; the Board members then present shall be entitled to proceed. Any decision made without a quorum is valid, but such decision must be approved at the next Board meeting.
- All the decisions in the Board shall be adopted by Majority vote. Whenever the votes are equal, the Chairman shall have a casting vote.
- Board meetings may be held in person or on the internet.
- Proxy votes shall not be allowed.
Article 30Powers of the Board
To review all motions to amend the Statue as submitted by members. The Board shall then present all such motions together with its recommendations to the Ordinary General Meeting.
Articles related to sanctions and termination of Membership
To elect President and the Vice President, and employ the Secretary General, and removal of Board members, and co-option of Board members. Removal of any Board member shall require a two-thirds vote, and the Board member shall have right of appeal to a General Meeting.
To consider and discuss the operation of the IeSF Secretariat, budget plan, amendment of office rules, personnel operation, business plan, and others, which shall be proposed by the Secretary General in writing at the beginning of the financial year in general, and may be amended at any time by the Secretary General upon approval being granted by the Board.
Articles authorized by Statutes
The decisions of the Board shall take immediate effect and shall be acted upon.
To decide on all cases of dispute not definitely provided for in these Statutes.
- The Board shall consider and resolve the followings:
Chapter Ⅴ. Board Members
Article 31Composition of Board Members
One (1) President
One (1) Secretary General
One (1) Vice President
Four (4) Board members
The Chairperson of Player’s Committee
- The Board of IeSF consists of following members:
Article 32Assignment of Board Members
President shall be a registered member of a Full Member in good standing, and shall be nominated by such body, and elected by the Board. Candidacy of President shall meet the following criteria:
- 1-1. Recommended by at least one-third of Members, and/or
- 1-2. Recommended by a majority of the Board members
- Vice President shall be elected by the Board among the elected Board Members.
- Board Members shall be a registered member of a Full Member in good standing, and shall be nominated by such body, and elected by the General Meeting.
- Should a vacancy occur on the Board, for whatever reason, the Board shall be entitled to co-opt a new Board member to the same position to complete the term of such office.
- The Election of new President should be held at the Board Meeting right before the Ordinary General Meeting being held in the last year of the incumbent Board members’ term of service.
- The Election of new Board Members should be held at the Ordinary General Meeting being held in the last year of the incumbent Board members’ term of service.
Article 33Terms of Board Members
- Board members’ terms of office shall be 3 years. Board members may be re-elected to serve consecutive terms.
- Board members’ terms shall begin from the day after the Board which has elected the Board member, and shall end with close of the first Board after 3 years.
Article 34Removal and resignation of Board Members
A Board member may be removed by approval of the Board under the conditions below:
- 1-1. Conducting any violation against the Objectives of the IeSF.
- 1-2. Conducting controversies or financial affairs.
- 1-3. Conducting obstructive acts to the IeSF.
- 1-4. Missing events hosted by the IeSF for two years without obtaining leave of absence.
- 1-5. Dissolution of corresponding NF
- Resigning due to private or any inevitable circumstances. Any such letter of resignation shall be submitted to the President.
Article 35Duties of Board Members
The President shall be responsible for:
- 1-1. Acting as the Chairman of the General Meeting and the Board, and shall represent the IeSF at official functions
- 1-2. Overseeing the implementation of the decisions passed by the General Meeting and the Board
- 1-3. Supervising the tasks of the IeSF
- 1-4. Ensuring harmonious relationship between the IeSF, Members, political bodies and international organizations
- 1-5. Proposing the dismissal of Board members
- 1-6. Any additional powers of President shall be contained in the rules of the IeSF
The Secretary General shall be responsible for:
- 2-1. Being the Chief executive of the Secretariat
- 2-2. Act on behalf of the President when requested to do so
- 2-3. Making proposals to be approved or rejected by the Board or the General Meeting for IeSF’s yearly operation including finance, business plans and personnel operation
- 2-4. Operation and management of the Secretariat and execution of the tasks as decided by the General Meeting and the Board
- 2-5. Accounting and operational management.
- 2-6. Relation with Members and committees
- 2-7. Performing all tasks in general on behalf of the IeSF.
The Vice-President shall be responsible for:
- 3-1. In the absence of the President, to assume the duties of the President
- 3-2. To act as ex-officio of any local organizing committee which organizes any IeSF’s event
Article 36Candidates for President
Recommended by at least one-third of Members, and/or
Recommended by a majority of the Board members
- Candidates for President must be a registered member of a Member in good standing , and shall be nominated by such body, and shall meet the following criteria:
Article 37Compensation of Board Members
- Compensations for President, Board members and other Committee Members for part time service shall not be paid. Only actual expenses for duties shall be paid.
Chapter Ⅵ. Secretariat
- The Secretariat is the business operating body, and conducts the administrative works.
- The Secretariat is composed of Secretary General and other employees as decided upon by the Board.
- The Secretary General is responsible for organizing and the operation of the Secretariat.
- The Secretariat shall be responsible to the Board of the IeSF.
Chapter Ⅶ. Confederations
Article 39Formation of Confederation
- Members of IeSF that are situated at the same geographic region may form and join a Confederation of the region.
- Each NF which joins a Confederation shall have equal rights and obligations toward the Confederation as its' other members.
Confederations shall be formed under the certain conditions as following:
- 3-1. A Confederations shall consist of three or more IeSF Members
- 3-2. More than 50% of members of a Confederation shall consist of IeSF Members.
- 3-3. A Confederation shall cover a geographic region with population more than 200 million people.
- 3-4. Statutes and other regulations of a Confederation shall not conflict with these Statutes, any minutes of the General Meeting or the Board.
- 3-5. Each Confederation is obligated to contribute to the development fund, and the size of the fund that is resolved by the Board.
- The Board may add other conditions for creating Confederations and their activity. Such decisions are obligatory for Confederations.
- Any formation of a Confederation shall be conducted under approval of the Board.
Article 1Interim measures
- Action of Members and Board members taken before enforcement of these Statutes shall be considered as taken in accordance with these Statutes.
Article 2President's signature
- In order to establish IeSF, its Statutes must first be drafted and then the President shall sign it.
Article 3Date of enforcement
- These Statutes will take effect immediately upon approval of the General Meeting and authorization by the proper authorities.